Watch the video, or read the Blog Post below.
As a dropshipper, you need to be able to get into your customers' minds and know what they want and WHEN they would want it. If you are looking to earn more from your dropshipping store, read this article to find out what you can do!
What Being a Marketer Means
By definition, a marketer is a person who must be skilful in promoting a product or service, with his or her end goal being to make more money. Let's just get one thing clear, though: if you want to succeed with your online business, you have to "act like a dropshipper and think like a marketer".
Get instant access to a list of over 1000 winning products
With ready-to-go videos you can use in your facebook ads + more!
So what does it mean to think like a marketer? It means looking into analytics and what the statistics are trying to tell you, and finally creating a strategy out of all your observations and applying them all the while putting your customers' best interests in mind.
Making More Money Online via Dropshipping
What's the secret to making more money online via dropshipping? Good marketing strategies. If you know how to tap into the minds of other people to think about what they want to buy and when they want to buy, you won't have any problems in sealing huge deals.
Finding the Best Products
The success of a dropshipping store always starts with finding the right products to sell on it. It is important for you to invest a lot of time and effort into this process (of course, other than that of building and optimizing your store) mainly because your products are what will be making you money in the first place. Besides, what else will you market if you don't have any good products to sell?
If you don't know where to begin, you can always look up competitors within your niche and go from there. Check what your top competitors are selling -- what products have the most value, what are trending and which ones are having a hard time on the market. If they're making them money, there's a good chance that they will be profitable on your store, too.
Of course, there are a variety of factors that you should consider in finding the best products to sell online, some of which are the following:
- Cost of goods;
- Supplier and his or her reputation for selling online;
- Usefulness; and more.
To give you a quick boost, I want to let you in on a little secret. If you sign up for my monthly membership group, The Pirate Club, you get access to The Pirate Product APP, which gives you hot-selling products you can test along with READY-TO-GO videos with multiple marketing hooks, and text to use in your Ads immediately.
This means no more spending tons of hours looking into what the best product to sell online is, because we have already done it for you! Check it out now and see for yourself.
Giving Context to Sales
Having a sales event is by far one of the most effective methods of driving people into making a purchase from your store. It is always a good idea to entice your customers with significantly reduced prices -- those that will not affect your profit and spendings, that is.
However, it is also important to note that launching a sales event requires some sort of reason for doing so. Just think: if you are browsing through a store on a regular day and find that a product is on sale, what would you think of it, as well as the store's reputation? Two things:
- They are trying to rid themselves of that product by selling it at a bargain; or
- They are purposely pricing their products too high and having them "on sale" to increase perceived value.
What I am trying to say is you need to have a good reason to launch a sales event for your own reputation as a trustworthy brand. There are numerous holidays all throughout the year, and if you want to take advantage of every one of them, there is no real reason why you shouldn't.
So for this website, they are using New Year's Day for their sales event. They are giving people a reason why they should buy from them -- basically, they are saying: "To celebrate the holiday, you can use this specific discount code to get a gift for the special people in your life. And you're in luck, because we have the best gift ideas on our shop, so don't miss this opportunity to grab huge discounts and great offers."
Top Online Shopping Events
While browsing through a good number of online stores, I have observed that these are some of the most popular events that you can create a sale or a promotion event for:
- Black Friday. Regarded as the first day of Christmas shopping season, most retailers choose this day to be a perfect opportunity to launch a sales event to boost sales.
- Cyber Monday. This is the first Monday following Thanksgiving.
- Amazon Prime Day. Prime Day is Amazon’s biggest, global shopping event exclusively for Prime members.
- Boxing Day. Dated on every 26th of December, this holiday originated in the United Kingdom; now most sellers choose this day to celebrate a "Christmas Day extension."
- Click Frenzy. Click Frenzy is an Australian sales event similar to Cyber Monday.
- Single's Day. As the name implies, this holiday is celebrated by unmarried people mostly from China. And as most suppliers come from said country, retailers are therefore affected by the huge discounts offered.
- Free Shipping Day. Dated on every 14th of December, this also is a promotional event wherein sellers offer free shipping.
- After Pay Day. Of course, when else would be better to offer a sale event than the day after pay day? Sure enough, a great number of employees from all over the world would want to spend a little bit extra to treat their families and loved ones to something special, thus making this day an exceptional one for dropshippers and other online sellers.
Let's Wrap It Up!
Basically, a marketer must know what to advertise and when and where those advertisements should be placed for maximum profitability. It should go without saying that a good dropshipper must also be a good marketer.
If you have any more questions about marketing, plausible scarcity, dropshipping in Australia or anything regarding this video, feel free to personally contact me via the Contact Form HERE. You can also leave your comments and feedback below, and our team over at WagePirate will definitely get back to you with a response. For more reviews, news and updates, do not forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel!