Social Media is extremely important for growing your business and your clients' businesses online. There is no point writing great content and designing the best website in the world if no-one is visiting it online.
Get instant access to a list of over 1000 winning products
With ready-to-go videos you can use in your facebook ads + more!
Vincent gave a very similar talk to the one below (I highly recommend you take the time to watch the below video if you're looking to grow your business online).
However, if you don't have the time to watch the video, just know this.
Social Media is a VERY powerful for helping you build leads and make sales.
Now, this post isn't going to list 10 different Social Media plugins for WordPress that'll leave you confused and offer you no benefit.
We're going to list plugins that are very different from each other and their capabilities - one paid, the other free (but more limited). That way, you can decide based on your requirements and budget which you want to use for your website.
[clickToTweet tweet="If you're not using Social Media to growth hack your business' success, you're a fool." quote="If you're not using Social Media to growth hack your business success, you're a fool."]
Take Social Media seriously.
Social Warfare ($29)
Social Warfare is a plugin we've been playing around with lately and it is exceptionally great. It is definitely the best social sharing plugin we have used for WordPress and the one we're currently running on our BeyondBeaver.com website as of today.
For the $29 a year we absolutely love it.
And its got a 5 star rating from other users, also.
We were initially introduced to it by Adam Preiser of wpcrafter.com and after having used the plugin and tested it thoroughly on some of our test websites, here's why we ultimately chose this plugin for BeyondBeaver.com and why we're highly recommended it
- It just works. It was extremely easy to set up and just worked. You buy the plugin, add your email into the plugin settings, change some check boxes in the settings, add your social media usernames and click SAVE and you're done.
- It provides all the social media channels we need and that you'll need, also.
- It integrates with all themes. We tried it on our website which uses the Beaver Builder Theme and also tried it on a StudioPress Genesis website.
- The buttons look great and don't slow down our website. If you want you can also customize the colours of the buttons to match your website.
- Click to tweet is built in and we're using it at the start of this post as you can see. There's no need for a separate plugin to do this.
- Built-in floating Social Bar to fix the social media icons to the top, bottom, or left side of the screen. Here is what it looks like on BeyondBeaver.com when fixed on the left side.
- Automatic UTM link tracking which allows each button to send data to Google Analytics so you can track the effectiveness of each post on a per-platform basis.
- Integration with bit.ly which is a URL shortener. We're going to be looking at using this down the track and it's good to know it is built into this plugin by default.
SO, WHY THIS POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLUGINS?
We're looking at amping up BeyondBeaver.com's social media presence and we're sold on this plugin for getting us there as its already got a lot of other people a great steady social media following.
There's been claims from one user that this plugin has increased their social media shares by 300%.
Scriptless Social Sharing (Free)
I love the Scriptless Social Sharing and use it for client websites where the client doesn't want to pay for a Social Media plugin.
It is incredibly easy to configure using checkboxes as shown below. You can choose what post types to show them on, whether to show them before or after the content (you can even choose to do both!) and you can select what social media platforms to output.
We were using it on BeyondBeaver.com previously before we made the switch over to Social Warfare.
Here it is in use on our website previously where it appeared at the top of our blog posts (we also had it appearing at the bottom of each post, also).
Here's what I like about this plugin and why I recommend you try it out if you're not looking to spend money right away on a social media plugin for WordPress.
- You can output the social sharing buttons on archive pages as well as single posts. This means you can not only add them to your individual blog posts, but you can also add the social media buttons into each post on your main Blog page, like below.
To do this, read the FAQ for the plugin here.
To read more on the plugin or to download it, click the button below (opens a new tab in your browser).
Wrapping it up
We're looking to grow BeaverBuilder.com so we can continue to offer you more and more resources and information that'll help you do things faster and more efficiently with WordPress.
As we've learnt and are continually told, Social Media is incredibly powerful for generating traffic and leads for your business and should not be approached lightly.
We're taking Social Media serious.
And for the low $29 dollars of Social Warefare, the way we see it is if we can sell one theme using this plugin, we've made our money back.
Once sale for a return on investment is always good in our eyes. Especially in this case where the cost is going to a product that will directly affect our business.
Please share this post and help us kickstart our Social Media presence
If you're a kind soul and would love to help us out, simply share this post on social media and help us start our social media journey.
It'd mean a lot 🙂